Perl Bug 13 - panic: top_env from embedded perl using 'do' with unused XS calls
perl version: 5.8.8
I'm getting a panic: top_env
I've managed to reduce the test case to the following:
Operating System: i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi
The attempt to 'do file' in step 5 causes the panic.
Here's a directory showing the failure
- From a C program, create/start a perl interpreter object
- Load a perl script (using eval_pv "do ...")
- Setup an XS routine (which, incidentally, never gets used)
- Call a perl routine in the perl script
- From that perl routine, execute another perl script (using 'do file')
- That perl script needs to define four subs, two which must call
the XS routine at least four times, and two which must call it at
least once - though again note that none of the routines are called.