There's a neat iPhone app called loopt that shares your location
information so you can see where your friends are and vice-versa.
loopt on a T-Mobile iPhone
Unfortunately the signup uses SMS messages, and it doesn't work
on iPhones that are not on AT&T (such as T-Mobile).
I'm guessing this is because it sends an SMS, and to do it
easily, it assumes you are on the AT&T network (as iPhones
are "supposed" to be) and sends the SMS through the AT&T
email gateway. Consequently, non-AT&T users never see it.
There is, however, a way to get T-Mobile iPhones setup with loopt
You're on loopt!
- Go to loopt website
- It will send a link to your phone.
- View the link while keeping the browser page open on your computer
- When you view the link, it will say it doesn't recognize your phone.
- On the computer, it will ask you to pick your phone. Just pick the G1 for now.
- When you do, it will send another SMS with a verification code.
- When you receive it, type it into the computer.
- Then it will send a third SMS with a download page for the application.
- You can ignore this.
- Delete the loopt app from your iPhone if you've tried to signup
- Download the app from the app store.
- Open the loopt app
- Click on "Log me in already"
- Use your password from the computer signup
Back to Solutions.